The National Center for Atmospheric Research is a federally funded research and development center sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF). Since NCAR's founding in 1960, the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research, a nonprofit consortium of 120 North American academic institutions, has managed NCAR on behalf of NSF. Created in 1950, NSF supports basic research and people to create knowledge that transforms the future. It is the only federal agency whose mission includes support for all fields of fundamental science and engineering, except for medical sciences.
- Anke Kamrath, Chair, NCAR Associate Director, Computational & Information Systems Laboratory (CISL)
- Chris Davis, NCAR Associate Director, Mesoscale & Microscale Meteorology (MMM)
- Rebecca Haacker, Director, NCAR Education & Outreach
- Bill Kuo, Director, UCAR Community Programs (UCP)
What we offer
UCAR offers excellent benefits. A detail of the those available to the NCAR Deputy Director can be found in our benefits summary.
The opportunity overview, role, qualifications, personal qualities, and opportunities and expectations for leadership can all be found in the Leadership Profile.
Timeline for recruitment and interviews
- Job posted: 2/28/2020 to 5/22/2020
- Interviews: 7/9/2020 to 7/16/2020
Opportunity & how to apply
Those interested, please apply or nominate an applicant. Please submit a cover letter, CV and any additional desired application materials in one pdf document that addresses the responsibilities and requirements described in the Leadership Profile and the job posting