Interested in presenting a poster at the 2018 GEO REU Workshop? We would love for you to participate.
Sign up here to present a poster. The deadline to sign up and to submit a poster title is Friday, Aug. 31st, 2018.
The participants at this meeting include new and experienced REU PIs who are interested in gleaning insights and strategies that work or don't work. Highlight programmatic approaches that would be of useful to othe PIs or managers of other REU sites. You can see examples of posters from the 2016 GEO REU Workshop for inspiration! This poster session a great chance to talk to other REU PIs and managers, as well as the attending NSF Education Program officers.
Possible topics might focus on how your REU approaches:
- Recruitment and support of students from underrepresented groups
- Successful mentoring structures and strategies
- Student training in research skills, science communication, harassment prevention, research ethics, or professional skills like résumé-writing
- Assessment and program evaluation / long term tracking of students.
- Program impacts, outcomes and factors contributing to those successes
Poster size restrictions are 48” wide by 60” tall (to be confirmed)
The poster session will be held on Saturday, 15 Sept., 2018, between 5:30 and 8:30 pm in the NCAR Mesa Lab.
For questions, please contact Adrianna Hackett.
This workshop is funded by the National Science Foundation.